Thursday, April 26, 2012

The NFL Draft 2012 Overview 11-20

      Lets get into the next round of exciting picks in the draft.
     11th overall pick: Dontari Poe. Also not on my list, but he has a great strength that you usually don't see. He has the power needed to have a season.
     My favorite team, the Philadelphia Eagles, made a trade to get the 12th overall pick with the Seahawks, which invloved them giving up their 15th overall pick, a 4th round pick, and a 6th round pick. 12th overall pick: Fletcher Cox. I can't say it is a bad choice with Luke Kuelchy gone, but with Kuelchy out of the picture I would have leaned toward an OT like David DeCastro.
     13th overall pick: Michael Fllyod. An interesting move for the Cardinals, but I love it. He goes in there with Fitzgerald as WR #1 which is a great veteran WR to learn from, but he has to deal with the QB situatuion where it could be Kevin Kolb, Josh Skelton, or maybe even a QB they can draft like QB Brandon Weeden or QB Ryan Lindley. You can also look at the Cardinals past draft picks including 2007: Dominuqe Rodgers-Cromartie, 2008: Beanie Wells, and 2011: Patrick Peterson. Michael Fllyod I think can be a breakout star.
     14th overall pick: Michael Brockers. He's big, he's strong, he knows the game, but can he bring the Rams more wins... probably not.
     15th overall pick: Bruce Irvin. A no name to most, but I didn't follow my instinct again, and he didn't make my top 32 list, but he had a great combine which proved he can be up there with the best but will he produce...
     16th overall pick: Quinton Coples: A very late pick for what he was supposed to be, so I would say the Jets got a steal that can give the defense little amounts of stength because I feel they might need to season him for a year or 2 because the Jets defense is so strong.
     17th overall pick: Dre Kirkpatrick. An amazing steal for the Bengals at this point. Kirkpatrick I feel is as stong as Claibourne which can get these team back to the playoff especially with them having the 21st pick in the draft as well.
     18th overall pick: Melvin Ingram. A great pick here with his speed and strength which allows him to plow down the running game which the Chargers needed.
     19th overall pick: Shea McClellin. As the picks get later it gets harder to figure out who will get drafted next, but not only is he not on my top 32, but I don't have him in my top 100!!!
    20th overall pick: Kendall Wright. The fastest WR. He can compete with the best CB's like Derrellle Revis.
    Almost 2/3 of the draft completed!!!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment